Hello! Some quick highlights…..
- 16-year career with a focus on user-centered agile UX process and UI design.
- Skilled at distilling usability issues and devising actionable strategies with measurable results.
- Communicates well with stakeholders, product owners, engineers and designers.
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational and analytical skills.
- Effective and empathetic manager and mentor.
- Loud, hearty laugher
Senior UX Designer – Intel Corporation New Devices Group (Formerly Basis)
Apr 2016 – Feb 2017
- Worked on wearable interfaces and companion apps for fitness based wrist worn technology.
- Managed a team of UI designers.
- Collaborated with product owners to evolve their business requirements into products from user-centric design methodologies.
- Performed user research to define product improvements and prioritize features in future releases.
- Created artifacts including user stories, flow diagrams, mental models, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, project documentation and style guides as dictated by project needs.
Senior UX Designer – 42 Lines
June 2010 – May 2015
- Designed features for Academy of Art University’s Learning Management System (LMS), which encompasses everything from the University’s administrative portal to online course content, registration and accreditation management.
- Was involved from prototyping through implementation, with an emphasis on UX planning for new features, legacy integration, user testing and a seamless responsive experience. Some of the larger initiatives I contributed to were a labs registration portal, interactive schedule planner, and ongoing upgrades to bring the legacy site up to date and mobile friendly.
Senior UX Designer – Type A Machines 3D Printers
Jan 2013 – June 2013
- Worked with Type A to create a 3D printing interface capable of being used by wider audiences of varying experience levels. Through user interviews, testing and iterative design, I redesigned the UI and created an interface with simple and advanced options to equally accommodate all ability levels.
Senior UX Designer – eBay Motors
Jan 2012 – Jan 2013
- Collaborated with eBay Motors to strategize new UX standards for their sellers’ eBay Stores based on mounting negative feedback from high volume sellers. Our solutions were aimed at simplifying and streamlining the high-volume seller experience.
- Designed and built new customized listing templates and store designs for selected sellers, which increased their credibility, clarity and professionalism to increase sales and eBay’s residual revenue.
Creative Director – PeakGraphic
Jan 2005 – Jun 2010
- Worked with clients to define their target demographics and identify opportunities and hurdles for their websites and eCommerce stores. I assisted them in creating a scalable ecommerce model with metrics for assessing growth in their online presence, and assumed responsibility for the planning, designing, building and maintenance of all client websites, eCommerce shops and their marketing campaigns. For each project, I did all the UX and UI, created and managed timelines, budgets and contractors.
Personas, user stories, research, prototyping, user testing, information architecture, usability best practices, wireframes, flow charts
UI and Front End
Interaction design, iOS and Android design, working knowledge of CSS and HTML
Strategy, mentoring, goal setting, budgets, design direction, agile / scrum, release planning
Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, Sketch, Axure, Invision, WordPress
Academy of Art University
GetGo Gas Stations
Lackawanna Clean Energy
Seattle Urban Farm Company
The City of Salt Lake
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago
BFA 2001: Concentration in Digital Design
Travel, skiing, climbing, cycling, hiking, woodworking, sewing, design, photography, architecture, vegetarian food, organization, puppies, reading, social justice